If your BioCharger is stopping early and not running the entire length of the recipe below are some things to check:
- If your BioCharger has been turned off for a period of time it is not completely unusual for your BioCharger to run the first recipe a little short. Leave it on over night and the issue should resolve itself.
- Your BioCharger app crashed running a recipe. This is a rare occurrence. Power down your BioCharger, wait for the screen to be completely dark and then power it back on.
- Check the red Emergency Stop switch. Press it in to engage it. Then press it in and turn it to the right to disengage it.
- Check the power switch on the back of the BioCharger. It is a 3-position switch. It may not be fully in the on position. Make sure it is all the way to the - side.
- If your BioCharger still does not power on, please submit a ticket to our support team and we will be happy to contact you and guide you through additional troubleshooting steps. You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, it would be most helpful if a short video of the issue could be attached to the email.